9/19/08

Today In Fashion Week:September 19th

There's only one show to cover today, so I thought I'd double stuff this post (yes, Billy, like oreos.) I found London pretty dull this season so I don't have much to say about the shows. But this isn't strictly a bad news bears post, because fashion "week" is far from over. Milan starts on Sunday, and with it comes PRADA!!! I'm so excited, I'm so excited, I'm so...scared. Actually I'm not scared at all because Miuccia always turns it out, but you get the point. And then the 27th is Paris, and there's too many exciting shows to list. Model-wise there are a lot of exciting prospects for Europe. Natalia Chabanenko, Sessilee Lopez, Lakshmi Menon, Anna Gushina, and Imogen Morris-Clarke were all standouts in New York in my mind. Sessilee and Lakshmi are sure to book more big shows, along with their fellow new ethnic-friendly girls Jourdan Dunn and Arlenis Sosa-Pena. The whole diverse runway thing didn't exactly work out in New York, but I have a feeling it'll show up more in Milan and Paris. Ok, I feel like I'm rambling a little now. On to the..show!

Josh Goot

Josh Goot is one of the breakout British designers, and this season he went a little subdued. It was all very minimalistic, with floaty chiffon in graphic prints. Big surprise: I didn't love it. Oh well, here comes PRADA

1 comment:

ryder said...

Natalia Chabanenko is really gorgeus model.