9/22/08

Today in Fashion Week:September 22nd

Ciao! It's day two of Milan Fashion Week, and my imaginary jet lag is a thing of the past. Now, I figured I'd better do this quick before I get cranky and write all bad reviews. Let's get to it!

C'N'C Costume National

There was definitely a look to Costume National's diffusion line's show this season, but it wasn't much to brag home about. The sheer fabric thing is really really getting old after countless interpretations, and I would hope that the designers are planning on ditching it for further innovation. Overall, the collection was hit and miss, with a few solid looks that I can support.

To see the rest, including Giorgio Armani and Burberry, click

Giorgio Armani

Basically the same as the Emporio Armani show from yesterday:The clothes were neither bold nor innovative, but deductive reasoning tells us not to expect these qualities from an Armani show.

Pringle of Scotland

I wasn't expecting much, so I didn't get much. The collection embraced a sort of wave-like paintbrush stroke emblem that showed up on tops and dresses. It wasn't terrible;It wasn't great.

Burberry Prorsum

Burberry this season didn't have a definitive look, but rather a collection of separate looks that function better individually than as part of a collection. Some highlights for me were definitely the dip dyed trench coats and perfect drop crotch pants.

Alberta Ferretti

Alberta Ferretti was all about fluidity, from the copious amounts of fringe to the loose fitting jackets. It's a good example of a designer coming up with an idea and sticking to it, something I wish would become the norm.

Missoni

Missoni surprised me this season! There were new structured shapes, and yet it remained completely Missoni. My favorites were the 50's-esque dresses (pictured above) and a little jacket adorned in some kind of studs.

D&G

D&G is usually something like a younger, less dramatic interpretation of the main event at Dolce & Gabbana. This season was all nautical, which bodes well for Thursday's show. As for today, although I can see some looks working, I'm afraid it was a lost cause.

I think that just about does it for today! Come back tomorrow for Jil Sander, Moschino, Blumarine and......................................................................
Prada!!!!!

No comments: