10/24/08

Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes

Photobucket
I'll be the first to admit it;I'm a sucker for fast fashion. Quality concerns be damned--H&M is almost godsent in a vast mob of tasteless mall stores. So I'm always happy to see a chain store expand its horizons. After Gap became the new old place to shop this season, it looks like there's another one hot on its heels. American Eagle, best known for providing khaki shorts and polo shirts to clean cut teens, gave a presentation of its forthcoming "spring break" collection recently. And I have to say, I'm reasonably impressed! They're not quite replacing H&M and Gap, but as they say Rome wasn't built in a day. Naturally I'm more impressed by the womenswear. It comes across as sort of a more attainable version of Topshop's Bananarama-inspired show. But the menswear still looks pretty reminiscent of the old American Eagle. If they really want to woo me, they'll step it up on that level. Here's to the next season! To see some pictures, click
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
pictures from fromthedeskofphyllis.blogspot.com

No comments: