10/4/08

Today in Fashion Week:October 4th

It's the second to last day of this "week" of fashion, and yet things aren't winding down!

Chloé

I loved Paulo Melim Andersson's work with Chloe, so I was a little bummed when he was dismissed. I am willing to give Hannah McGibbon a chance, however. The collection was ok, nothing wholly impressive, but I expected a little more of a showing of what McGibbon is capable of. So far, I miss the old Chloe.

To see the rest, including Hermes and Wunderkind, click

Kenzo

Kenzo had a cool effect to it. Sort of an up swept look that reminds me of a burning hot day in the sun. The suits were the most impressive, but the dresses were cool in their own right.

Wunderkind

It sort of had that clashing patterns Marni feel to it. Overall, I was more impressed with the styling and detailing than the patterns and colors.

Collette Dinnigan

I usually love Collette Dinnigan's stuff, and this season was no exception. It was all about Fine tuning dresses and bringing them close to perfection.

Hermès

Hermes was all about cowgirls and desert explorers. It seems to be a look that just doesn't agree with me. It just looks dated, like a collection you vaguely remember from a few years ago.

Limi Feu

I thought Limi Feu was gorgeous. It's just the kind of stuff you know would command attention on the street, in the best way possible.

John Galliano

I kept trying to figure out what was going on, but it seemed to be all over the place. It's a shame because I think John Galliano is creative and capable of so much more.

That's it! Tomorrow is a short yet extremely relevant day. Lanvin, Miu Miu, and Louis Vuitton! See you then!

No comments: