9/24/08

Today in Fashion Week:September 24th

If you don't mind we're gonna skip the formalities today and condense this a little.

Gucci

Frida Gianinni found her footing last season with a sort of downtown girl on a mission look. I'm glad to see it continued this season. Although she did stumble at some parts (beach goddess just doesn't work for her.)

To see the rest, including Marni and Roberto Cavalli, click

Marni

Marni was interesting with their choice of clashing textures and patterns, but I have a lot of problems with the show.

Roberto Cavalli

I was getting ready to write off Roberto Cavalli this season, but then I saw that he did some pretty cool stuff for evening.

Iceberg

Iceberg went a little bit body-con this season. I spy the same fringe spotted at Alberta Ferretti and Jil Sander. Is this the new thing?

Pollini

In a world gone rough, Pollini makes the case for the hopelessly frilly romantic. This is my favorite show in Milan so far.

Alessandro Dell'Acqua

Alessandro Dell'Acqua was super-luxe this season. And there was more fringe! I think I'm about ready to declare it the major trend.

Derercuny

Derercuny had a really sleek look this season. I think it would've worked better in Fall.

1 comment:

Jillian Hobbs said...

i like the use of purple i love seeing colour!