9/27/08

Today in Fashion Week:September 28th

Bonjour readers! First things first, Je suis désolé. I know I promised a post yesterday, but there were only two shows and I'm lazy, mmkay? But never fret, I will be covering the shows from yesterday today! So go grab a croissant and let's get started!

Gareth Pugh

Somewhere between Victorian and futuristic, Gareth Pugh reinforced his avant garde style with another collection that's sure to be remembered.

To see the rest, including Balmain and Nina Ricci, click

Kris Van Assche

Kris Van Assche went for that sleek, menswear inspired look. It's still effective, sure, but after a few seasons I'm ready for something new.

Anne Valerie Hash

Anne Valerie Hash wasn't bold in that color or fabric choice. She put her skills to the test with intricate draping that made for some pretty nice party dresses.

Balmain

Christophe Decarnin did the smart thing and showed a sequel to his Fall collection. This means rock and roll edge with a super delicate fit. While some looks were still definitely strong, it wasn't nearly as impressive as the last time. At some points it just got...tacky.

Bruno Pieters

I've been waiting all season to be able to categorize a show as all black and white. This is the one!

Rick Owens

Rick Owens was strikingly minimal, but the shapes were a little much. I can appreciate the off the beaten path approach, but there's a fine line to looking ridiculous.

Nina Ricci


With delicate dresses over sheer tights, Nina Ricci had a graphic appeal that I can't describe. I can definitely tell you that I like it, however.

That's it for today, but come back tomorrow for Maison Martin Margiela, Dior, Vivienne Westwood, and more!

No comments: