10/18/08

We Rock


I've only furtively expressed my love and obsession with both Tina Fey and 30 Rock, but the time has come for me to yodel my profession on the top of a mountain. When I watched the first episode of 30 Rock, I foolishly decided it wasn't for me (yet continued to watch Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip.) But as I kept hearing great things about it, I bought the first season on DVD and caught up with season two. And behold, an intense but justifiable fixation was born. Unfortunately, last season saw the coming and passing of the writer's strike that paralyzed TV for months, and the second season was cut short. So, I was forced to wait anxiously for this third season to come. When it finally came time for the shows to come back, I discovered a terrible thing. 30 Rock was not coming back until October 30th. It was hard to be strong, but I've held on so far. Luckily, Oprah will grace the show with her almighty presence on the second episode back. Until then, us junkies will have to get our fix from either Tina Fey's Sarah Palin on SNL or the newly released second season DVD.

No comments: